In this paper, IBM interviewed more than 100 public sector leaders from around the world to answer these burning questions:
- How is the public sector applying analytics today?
- How do they need to think about the future use of analytics?
- What are the implications of analytics to the public sector?
- What should they do to advance their analytics competency?
Below is a summary of the research findings:
- More and more governments are using analytics to consume, unlock and apply new insights from information
- Some public sector organizations are developing analytics leadership
- Most organizations are currently spending more time collecting and organization data rather than analyzing it